FEMALE. FUN. FITNESS.
We’re excited by the recent growth in the number of new female members here at Woking Squash Rackets Club.
We launched our first Ladies Beginners Racketball programme in November 2017 which was great fun and because it was so successful, we have since run a further three, 4–weekly programmes
For any newcomers – don’t worry about having your own racket – we will have some you can borrow. But you will need to wear non-marking trainers to protect the squash court floor.
We usually start with doing some warm up exercises/stretches, then we do some coaching drills to teach and improve your game, then we finish off by playing some friendly games with each other.
Don’t worry about your ability or fitness as we can tailor to your needs. And don’t worry if you don’t know anyone as it is informal and friendly.
Here are some of the other initiatives we run:
- A Friday morning ladies only racketball club
- Friday morning coaching to improve players and increase their opportunities to play
- Ladies Handicap Racketball league
- Ongoing programme of coaching, club morning, leagues, events
- Ad-hoc social matches and events
- Showing around, introducing and mentoring all new lady members
- One-to-one coaching with a female or male coach available
Obviously all ladies are welcome to join the mixed club leagues and join in club night on a Thursday evening.
Jackie and Sukhy, our female coaches, are happy to chat to you by phone or meet you at the club to show you around and answer any questions.
Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Squash Week 2018
We hosted a women-only evening on Monday 24th September – 25 ladies were at the club to celebrate the success we have had building the women’s section of the club over the past 12 months. The evening was great fun, with organised matches and refreshments.
Squash Girls Can
The following video from England Squash features real women and girls who play squash and racketball regardless of age, ability, fitness level or experience.
- Good Friday – April 19th – racketball morning as normal (9.30-11.30am) but as a BH hopefully ladies that normally work on Fridays will be available. £3.50 for members coaching/ £3.50 coaching fee + £3.50 guest fee for non-members / free for members just wanting to play games
- Fri 26th April – normal racketball club morning followed by social lunch somewhere! £3.50 for members coaching/£3.50 coaching fee + £3.50 guest fee for non-members / free for members just wanting to play games
- Tue 30th April 7-9pm – ladies racketball club night / refereeing session. Free for members / £7 non members Sat 11th May -12-2pm ladies racketball coaching. Snacks included. £7.50 for members / £15 coaching fee + £3.50 guest fee non- members
- Tue 28th May (TBC)- 7-9pm – ladies racketball club night. Free for members / £7 non members
- Tue 25th June (TBC) - 7-9pm – ladies racketball club night. Free for members / £7 non members
- Sat 22nd June - 12-2pm ladies racketball coaching. Snacks included. £7.50 for members / £15 coaching fee + £3.50 guest fee non- members